The North Face is named after the coldest, most unforgiving side of a mountain, so it’s no surprise they’ve been making iconic, high-performance apparel and equipment since 1966.
In more recent years, you’ve probably seen celebrities and adventurers alike wearing many of The North Face’s most iconic pieces, as the brand has paved its way in street fashion. And when we think about the blend of function and style, we have to mention The Nuptse.
The History of the Nuptse
The original Nuptse jacket came out in 1992 during an interesting time for The North Face. They were getting feedback from athletes like mountaineers and U.S. Marine Corps members to continue innovating their products, which helped them create the jacket.
This jacket, which is named after a large mountain that’s next to Everest in Nepal, is known for providing the perfect balance of being ultra-warm, but also breathable. Since it has down insulation, they were able to keep the jacket light and packable, and it was the first time the brand had used baffle construction, which holds the down feathers in horizontal bands to keep them from shifting or falling to the bottom of the jacket.
Now, you can find the Nuptse in a jacket of various lengths, colours, styles and even some options for kids. They come in a variety of colour variations, so you’re bound to find something to fit your style and warmth needs.
Nuptse Features You’ll Love
- 700-fill down. This is what keeps you super warm, while allowing the jacket to easily compress so you can stow it away. The hood also packs into the collar if you’re getting a jacket!
- Relaxed fit. The fashion-forward look is a little bit boxy, but can also cinch at the hem so you can make sure it sits perfectly on your hips.
- Has oversize logos. That’s right, just like the original ’96 jacket!There is an embroidered logo on the left chest and back-right shoulder.
- DWR finish. This finish helps keep you dry in all kinds of rain or snow, so you don’t need to change jackets or add another protective layer mid-adventure.
- Secure-zip hand pockets. So you don’t lose anything on the trail… or on your way out to dinner with friends.
- Exposed, VISLON® center front zip. So it’s easy to manage your zipper even if you’re wearing gloves.
- Adjustable hook-and-loop cuff tabs. To keep you extra warm and keep out snow, rain and anything else you might not want entering your sleeves.
- Original shiny ripstop fabric. Not only does this fabric look great and give you a vintage look, it keeps your jacket durable so you can wear it for years to come.
Shop the Nuptse!
Word on the street is the Nuptse is set to be a huge trend this season, and it’s already picking up steam! You can shop all of our Nuptse apparel by The North Face here.